I work as a fullstack software engineer on Azure Monitor Metrics, a telemetry and monitoring platform for Azure resources and applications, creating charting experiences in Azure Monitor and Applications Insights as well as the backend services that power the metric retrieval pipeline.
Senior Software Engineer
September 2014 - Present
- Maintained large-scale Metrics Backend service handling 4 million requests per second and customer-facing experiences used by 250k+ users a day
- Developed and maintained charting components for partners using internal and React SDKs
- Created common resource picker for all Azure Monitor experiences, used 150k+ times a day
- Ported charting components from internal SDK to React, for use by all teams in Azure
- Organized and hosted events for 1000s of interns and early-in-career FTEs across Azure
- Created a buddy program for matching over 200 early-in-career FTEs and interns in Azure E+P
As Director of Membership, my role was to grow our global LGBTQI+ presence internally within Microsoft, as well as support our 60+ chapters across the world to create a consistent worldwide experience for the Microsoft LGBTQI+ community around the world.
Director of Membership, GLEAM
September 2018 - July 2021
- Hosted virtual and in-person events for 1000+ Puget Sound employees
- Developed resources for new and developed chapters to support their development
- Led the GLEAM Intern program, organizing and running events for 150+ Puget Sound interns
Working on the Visual Studio Application Lifecycle Tools team, I investigated and prototyped new approaches to creating indexes of data stored on Team Foundation Server, from small sets of files to massive, multi-million file installations. As part of the project, I weighed various methods to scalable indexing of files, and measured their impact through a proof of concept running on Team Foundation Server.
Software Engineer Intern
May 2013 - September 2013
Software Engineer Intern
May 2012 - December 2012
As part of my internship-long project, I modified Elastic Path's offering, and created several Ant and Maven build scripts, in order to support the deployment of the Commerce Manager Client on Java Web Start, as part of a lighter-weight installation that can be commenced through the internet.
Co-Op Java Developer
January 2011 - August 2011
In addition to creating internal statistics tools in PHP with Apache log skimming, I worked on the makings of the Polarion Connector, currently available to customers. Additionally, I worked on Product Backlog Planning tools as part of the Scrum Planning offerings.
Software and Web Developer
June 2010 - September 2010